Benefits of Membership
attend events hosted by the Pike Lake Community Association (PLCA)
vote at the AGM and for the Board of Directors of the PLCA
receive the annual Pike Lake Post
receive discounts through the Federation of Cottager's Associations for services, items and publications.
get access to the Pike Lake Community Association Facebook Group
receive information on a range of subjects such as how to keep Pike Lake healthy, fire safety at the cottage, getting tick smart, and how to keep your cottage safe when you are away.
Types of Membership:
1) A "Voting Membership" is limited to two individuals per property and the owner(s) must have water frontage or deeded access to property from the inlet at Cedar Bridge Creek to the Grant’s Creek dam. Each voting membership carries with it the right to one vote on all motions at any Annual General or Special meeting, and sit on the Board of Directors and/or committees.
2) An "Associate Member" is a person who has an interest in Pike Lake and is able to vote on all issues at the AGM except for the Board of Director elections.
3) A "Designate Member" is someone who a voting member can assign to be a designate. A designate can sit on a committee and/or hold a position on the Board. The designate will be time specific.
Dues for each category of membership is currently $30 annually.
Your membership in the Pike Lake Community Association is critical to supporting the initiatives of the Association.
To become a member or renew your membership, a completed membership application and payment of the annual fee must be received and processed by the Association.
For new and renewing members, the easiest and most efficient way to do this is as follows:
1) Complete the “Online Membership” application form at the bottom of this page (after the FAQ section) and submit it.
2) Send an e-Transfer for $30 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail cheque with your name printed on the signed cheque to: Pike Lake Community Association c/o:
24 Sioux Crescent, Ottawa, ON K2H 7E5
Q: What is the term of my membership?
A: January 1 - December 31
Q: How do I get access to the Members-only pages of the website?
A: Current members can click the “Members Log In” icon and “Sign up” to get access. Once your membership is confirmed you will be notified that you have access.
Q: How can I become a member of the Pike Lake Facebook Group?
A: If you are a paid-up member of the Association, you can become a member of the Pike Lake Facebook Group. You can include the request in the last section on the form below if you are renewing or signing up as a member of the PLCA.
Or if you are already a PLCA member and have a Facebook account and want to join the PLCA Facebook page, please send your request directly to the “Pike Lake Community Association” Facebook page.
If you do not have a Facebook account and want to transfer your access to a family member, partner or friend, please send the name of your “appointee” to so that your “appointee” can be allowed access.
Q: When must the membership form and payment be received for the member to vote at the Annual General Meeting?
A: The membership form and payment must be received by the Membership Coordinator before the call to order of the Annual General Meeting.