Benefits of Membership
vote at the AGM and for the Board of Directors of the PLCA
attend events hosted by the Pike Lake Community Association (PLCA)
receive the annual Pike Lake Post
receive discounts through the Federation of Cottager's Associations for services, items and publications.
get access to the Members Section of the PLCA Website
get access to the Pike Lake Community Association Facebook Group
receive information on a range of subjects such as how to keep Pike Lake healthy, fire safety at the cottage, getting tick smart, and how to keep your cottage safe when you are away.
Types of Membership:
1) A "Voting Membership" is limited to two individuals per property and the owner(s) must have water frontage or deeded access to property from the inlet at Cedar Bridge Creek to the Grant’s Creek dam. Each voting membership carries with it the right to one vote on all motions at any Annual General or Special meeting, and sit on the Board of Directors and/or committees.
2) An "Associate Member" is a person who has an interest in Pike Lake, holding a current paid up association membership in the Association. An Associate Member receives all benefits of membership except for recorded vote rights. An Associate Member can sit on a committee, but cannot hold a Board position.
3) A "Designate Member" is someone who a voting member can assign to be a designate. A designate can sit on a committee and/or hold a position on the Board. The designate will be time specific.
Dues for each category of membership is currently $30 annually.
Membership Application or Renewal
Your membership in the Pike Lake Community Association is critical to supporting the initiatives of the Association.
To become a member or renew your membership, a completed membership application/renewal form and payment of the annual fee must be received and processed by the Association.
The easiest and most efficient way to do this is as follows:
1) Complete the online Membership Application/Renewal form which you can find here.
2) Send an e-Transfer for $30 to email@example.com
Mail cheque with your name printed on the signed cheque to: Pike Lake Community Association c/o:
348 Pike Lake Route 1, Perth, ON K7H 3C5
Q: What is the term of my membership?
A: January 1 - December 31. Access to the PLCA Facebook Group and the members section of the website is available to current Pike Lake Community Association members. Access with a previous year's membership ends on July 31st of the current year.
Q: How do I get access to the Members-only pages of the website?
A: Current members can click the “Members Log In” icon and “Sign up” to get access. Once your membership is confirmed you will be notified that you have access. Go back to the “Members Log In” icon and choose “Log In” this time.
Once you enter your email and password you will be logged in and you just need to click on the members log in icon again and “My Account” to access the pages in the members section.
Q: How can I become a member of the Pike Lake Community Association Facebook Group?
A: If you are a paid-up member of the Association, you can become a member of the Pike Lake Facebook Group.
If have a Facebook account and want to join the PLCA Facebook page, please send your request directly to the “Pike Lake Community Association” Facebook Page Administrator through Facebook.
If you do not have a Facebook account and want to transfer your access to a family member, partner or friend or wish to give a second person access, please have them send a request to the Pike Lake Community Association Facebook page Administrator through Facebook.
Q: When must the membership form and payment be received for the member to vote at the Annual General Meeting?
A: Normally, the membership form and payment must be received by the Membership Coordinator before the call to order of the Annual General Meeting.